There are a number of items that your insurance company (if you had one) would like you to carry.
- A Froster is effectively a fire extinguisher.
- A Frost Bomb is a grenade like device that extinguishes fires.
- An EVA (extra-vehicular apparatus) can supply you with air and pressure for 100 rounds.
- A HMA (hazardous Material Apparatus) is a fancied up EVA which also protects (some) against disease & fire.
- A Gamma Ray Gun allows the user to create and disperse radiation.
- Innoculex is a drug that protects against disease.
- RadZene protects against radiation.
- Stim revives the unconscious.
Admittedly, equipping a crew of four with one each of all the above would come to 4,400cr and burden each crewman by 27 mass. That said, even a few of these items sprinkled about can mean the difference between life and death in an emergency. What are the odds of running into such an emergency? Well who knows, but Mr. Chekov recommends against entirely ignoring warning labels the GM has written out…